tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TravisCI - testing

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TravisCI - testing
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:55:17 +0100

Hi Tom,

I have checked your approach. I think the following combination of both
could work
    - one test harness like my run.c + the (generated, if poss) test defs
    - global data (mostly from src/main.c) in a global.c
    - functions that use network/hamlib/curses mocked/wrapped in global.c
    - per file test files (test_xxx.c), each with init/clean as needed
        * there shouldn't be any interference between tests as long as they
        set up everything they need
        * a file tests the "public" functions defined in the corresponding .h
file
    - all used objects are linked from src
        * no compilation is needed and
        * they are used as they are present in tlf executable
    - Makefile.am is used to set the right libs for linking
        * mainly needed for glib (I didn't need this unil now)

Will make a prototype in test-travis to see if the above is feasible.

73,
Zoli