tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] New keyer control - please test

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] New keyer control - please test
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 17:23:38 +0100

First let wish a happy new year to all of you!

In last days I did some work to allow you to configure two keyers at
the same time - one for CW, one for digital modes.

I had to change some internal handling and I hope I did not break
anything. Anyway it would be good if you could give the new code some
tests.

You can find it at: https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/tree/split_keyer

It works as follows:

- Until now you could only have one keyer active. If you name more
  than one in logcfg.dat the last one rules. That keyer device was used
  both for sending CW and digital data. As not every keying device are
  useful for both modes you are mostly nailed to use only one of the
  modes or to change the keyword in logcfg.dat.

- We have now two separate internal variables to hold the active keyers
  for CW and for digimode. Naming one of the keyers in logcfg.dat sets
  the keyer for one (or both) modes. All configuration keywords are
  kept the same, so no change is needed if you want to have only one
  keyer active as before.
- The following table shows which keyers are supported and on which
  mode they have some meaning:

Keyword         CW              Digimode
NETKEYER        make active     ---
MFJ1278_KEYER   make active     make active
GMFSK           ---             make active
FLDIGI          ---             make active

So having the two keywords FLDIGI and NETKEYER in logcfg.dat will uses
the new fldigi interface for digital modes and the cwdaemon for CW.

If you want to use the MFJ1278 for only one of the modes name it first
and override the other mode with as you wish. So

MFJ1278_KEYER
NETKEYER

will first set the MFJ for both modes, but later on the CW keyer is
overwritten by the NETKEYER command. In the result MFJ is used only for
digital mode and cwdaemon for CW.

By the way if you happen to still have such a MFJ1278 in your shack,
please send me a mail. The related code needs some tests beside the
actual work and I can not check it myself as I do not own one. Maybe
you can test it for us.

I would be glad to get some feedback about our changes so I can
integrate it into the coming tlf-1.3

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"