tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] CQ 160m rules, anyone written one?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: [Tlf-devel] CQ 160m rules, anyone written one?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 21:00:57 -0600

I thought I'd ask before I go reinventing wheels.  The CQ 160m WW CW
'test is this coming weekend and it kind of snuck up on me!  Has anyone
done a rules file for this contest for a W/VE station?

While I've doing quite a bit of hacking on the Tlf source, I'm still
green on its rules subtleties.  The rules seem straightforward:

IV. Exchange:

RS(T) and state for U.S., province for Canada, and CQ Zone for DX. Note:
Zones are location indicators only and do not count for multipliers.

This just seems to beg for a regex option for the rules file.  ;-)

V. Multiplier:

U.S. States: (48 contiguous states); U.S. District of Columbia (DC) (1)

Canadian Provinces: (14) VO1, VO2, NB, NS, PEI (VY2), VE2, VE3, VE4,
VE5, VE6, VE7, VE8 (NWT), VY1 (YUK), VYØ.  Note VO1 and VO2 are separate
due to tradition.

DXCC plus WAE countries: WAE: IT, GM (Shetland Islands), JW (Bear
island), TA1 (European Turkey), 4U1VIC, Z6 Kosova.

It looks like for W/VE the same list is used in ARRL DX:

MULT_LIST=arrldx_mults
SECTION_MULT

WAE, I'm thoroughly unfamiliar with, although it's not likely that I'll
work any.

VI. Points:

Contacts with stations in own country: 2 points.

Contacts with other countries on same continent: 5 points.

Contacts with other continents: 10 points

Maritime mobile contacts count 5 points. There is no multiplier value
for a maritime mobile contact.

Do these choices looks sane?

MY_COUNTRY_POINTS=2
MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=5
DX_POINTS=10

VII. SCORING:

All stations—the final score is the result of the total QSO points
multiplied by the sum of all multipliers (states, VE provinces, DX
countries).

Given the rules options above, I'll have to test the scoring this week.

In reality with my antenna setup and running the K3 barefoot, odds are
that the only DXCC countries I can expect to work are XE and a few
Caribbean entities.

73, Nate