tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] RAC contests: Scoring for special calls

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] RAC contests: Scoring for special calls
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 08:25:07 +0100

Hi Nate,

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 06:27:35PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2015 18 Dec 17:13 -0600, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
>
> > I hope we can solve these special rules in next year, and Tlf
> > will be the best logger on the world :).
>
> Implementation thoughts.  Probably will require a couple of new
> keywords.  Perhaps one like BONUS_STATION which could be a space
> separated list in quotes.  Then BONUS_STATION_POINTS would be the value
> for the station(s) in the list.

yep, I'ld like to avoid the another more and more keywords.

A few weeks ago, I've started to play with embedded (and
embeddable) script lanugaes and their API's. I imagined, that
there will be many rules written in Python, which contains
mandatory functions. Tlf runtime passes the datas to that
functions, and then it could be calculate several things.

(As you know, I like Python very much :). I know a bit Lua
and its API, but I think the Python API is more safety and
consistent.)

No I have some items on my todo list in Tlf (especially the auto
bandmap add/grab, and some WAE/QTC features, what inspired me in
last WAE contests), but I hope I can work on it in January...

> That part was easy.  Figuring out the scoring code will be a bit more
> tricky.  Hopefully Tom can shed some insight into that.

to implement a feature like this is not so hard. But I think that
isn't the best way to going away... :)

73, Ervin

--
I � UTF-8