tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.2 fixups and new QTC features

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.2 fixups and new QTC features
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 22:28:47 +0200

Hi Folks,

Thomas released the Tlf 1.2.2_pre1 version on 15th of August.

I've checked that version, paying particular attention to QTC
features, and found some small bugs. There were only two small
disfunction, which affects Tlf only in LAN mode, between nodes,
if somebody would use that way.

This is the fixed branch of code:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/tree/qtc

Anyway, collected of the expreiences of the previous WAE contest
(CW mode), after the LAN code fixup, I've made a new branch, and
started to implement the listed features (here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tlf-devel/2015-08/msg00025.html)

So, this is the modified source tree:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/tree/qtcaddons

And here are the new features:

* initial QTC capable callsigns list, and indicates them in
  bandmap
  there is a new config option:

  QTC_CAP_CALLS

  and you can use it like this in your rule file:

  QTC_CAP_CALLS=QTC_calls.txt

  Here is a list of callsigns, which stations gives QTC's
  in last year, in SSB mode:
  https://gist.github.com/airween/d157bb28f935f6054913

  If you have this option, then Tlf will put a "P" flag near to
  station on bandmap, and in worked window. Eg:
  7001.0 * R9AA P

  Note, that "P" means "previous" years...

* new QTC capable flags: 'L': 'later', 'N': 'NO' for callsigns
  they are very similar than capability list, but these are
  dinamically: you can set them up until the contest. Example: if
  you made a QSO with a DX station, and ask QTC, then station
  could be give three different answers:
  - it gives you QTC immediatelly
  - it gives a "NO QTC" answer
  - it gives a "QTC LATER" answer
  So, if you get a "NO QTC" answer, then you just have to press
  the CTRL-N, and that callsign will be marked as NO QTC capable.
  This flag will be stored in a separated file, called
  QTC_meta.log. If you exit from Tlf, and you start it again
  later, the marked informations will be available.
  The "QTC LATER" flag should be set up with CTRL-L, in QTC
  window. The flags are "N" and "L", and also you can see them
  in bandmap or worked window. You can switch between these two
  flags: if a station has an 'N' flag, but you hear, it gives a
  QTC to an another station, and ask it again, but the answer is
  'QTC LATER', you can press the CTRL-L - and later you can
  change it back. If you get the 1 or more QTC from a station,
  which have any type of these flags, then this flags will be
  hide, the number of QTC's (or "Q" flag) will overrides these
  flags.

  Note, that "L" means "later", "N" means "NO"

* ignore dupe flag (lowercase black) on bandmap, when station has
  any QTC capable flag
  this means, if the station on bandmap is relevant for you
  (remains any QTC to 10, marked it with QTC "L" flag, or stored in
  QTC capable file, and it has "P"), in vain you have QSO with
  it, then you will see it with uppercase with a color, instead
  of lowercase/black color.
  Of course, if you press the CTR-G combination, then you will
  catch it from the bandmap too.

* QTC_AUTO_FILLTIME option and CTRL-F shortkey to fill the first
  two letters of QTC time's
  some DX station in CW mode gives a shortened form of time
  fields after the first QTC line. Eg., the first time value is
  2002, but the next are just 02, 03, 04, which need to interpret
  as 2002, 2003, 2004...
  If you set up this option, then Tlf will fill the all avaliable
  time fields with the hour value. If the first (or later) line
  has a closely value to a clock, eg. 2059, and the next one is
  2100, then Tlf will change the hours value in all remained time
  fields.

  If you don't want to use this feature permanently, just for some
  stations, which gives the shortened version, then you can fill
  the fields by manually, with CTRL-F combination.

* ENTER and SPACE keys approve the QTC headers
  that means, if you fill the QTC callsign, and press ENTER OR
  SPACE, then (if QTCREC_RECORD is set) record will started; if
  you are in NUMBER fields (serial/number), and pressing ENTER or
  SPACE, then Tlf will sends "QRV" message.

* manually start and stop QTC record; show the record state
  (on/off)
  if you are in callsign field, and pressing ENTER or SPACE, the
  record will starts. You can also start it by manually, with
  CTRL-R combination.
  If the record had been started, then Tlf will show it with a
  message: "RECORD ON".
  You can also stop the record with CTRL-R, then Tlf will show
  the message: "RECORD OFF"

So, the WAE SSB contest will be on next weekend, I hope, we have
enough time to test the new features above, and this introduction
is enough to start to test them.

Please help us to test the code, and let me know your expreinces
and ideas.

Till I'll review the docs/README_QTC.txt, and I'll update it.

73, Ervin

--
I � UTF-8