tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] 2xTLF on one host.

From: Tomasz Pabich
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] 2xTLF on one host.
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:20:41 +0200

Because one radio is a RUN radio and second radio is a MULT radio. TLF didn't support SO2R but I want have synchronized logs in both TLF's. I try with virtual machine.

Tomek ex. SQ7IQI
http://sp7q.blogspot.com
http://sp7kzk.blogspot.com
The Art of Morse Code

Hi Tomasz,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 04:18:47PM +0200, Tomasz Pabich wrote:
> Because there is no suppurt for SO2R i try to fix that by start two copies
> of TLF on one computer and connect it via network. Did somebody try this ??

in last year (2014) I've made two different contests on same
weekend (JA-DX-CW and CQ-M) - but then I've used only one RIG.

> Any sugestions how to configure that ??

what do you want exactly?

As I remember, two different Tlf instances can't use same DX
cluster. Try to use a different cluster, or try to comment out it
in second config (or start it with "-n", eg tlf -n, which skips
the configured cluster settings). But may be the problem is not
that.

> I put in configs :
>
> TLF-1
> THISNODE=A
> ADDNODE=127.0.0.1
>
> TLF-2
> THISNODE=B
> ADDNODE=127.0.0.1
>

> it doesn't work :-(

what's the error messsage?

Anyway, you can't do this above, because when you pass to Tlf the
ADDNODE option, then it will open an UDP port to communicate with
other Tlf hosts. The second instance couldn't open the same port,
because the first instance had been opened and uses it.

You can run 2 Tlf instance on same machine, but comment out the
THISNODE and ADDNODE option. The alternative solution could be if
you use a virtual machine (I think the jail isn't enough, because
you need to have different addresses) - LXC is enough.

But I don't know, why do you want to set up the NODE's option on
same machine :)

73, Ervin