tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: [Tlf-devel] CQ WW RTTY special rules
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:26:27 +0200

Dear Tlf users,

at next weekend, there will be the CQ WW RTTY contest. As I know,
many Tlf user likes the RTTY mode :), so I hope they will be
happy for this new feature.

The RTTY mode in CQ WW contest is a little bit other, than the
"regular" CW and SSB modes. On RTTY, the US and Canadian stations
must send the state or province code, and the other stations must
to store in log.

Here is the detailed info:

http://cqwwrtty.com/rules.htm

"III.  CONTEST EXCHANGE: RST report plus zone (e.g., 599 14).
Stations in the continental USA and Canada also send QTH (e.g.,
599 05 MA)."

So, I've modified the Tlf source code: if the station is from US
or Canada, the operator must to write the two charaters wide
state or province code to exchange field, next to the CQ zone,
eg:

W1AW  599 05 CT

If the length of exchange field is less than 5 characters, the
operator can't save the QSO (only if the station is from US or
canada). Then Tlf asks the bottom of exchange line:
"state/prov?".

If the station is from non-US/Canada, then Tlf will append a "DX"
word if you save the QSO - see the example:

http://www.cqwwrtty.com/logs.htm

You can set up Tlf as you use it on CQWW contest, this feature
has effect only CQWW contest, and ONLY in RTTYMODE. All feature
are untached, eg. the recalls of exchange is work same...

My question is: is it necessery to check the 2 letters code, or
isn't it? Tlf has a list of states and provinces in shares/
directory - may be I can finish this feature till friday.

I mean, you can't type AY, AX, AU, and others which doesn't
exist.

The source code available from here:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/archive/waedc-qtc.zip

73,