tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0 major release

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0 major release
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:06:46 +0100

After a lot of work by all people contributing to TLF I would like to
announce the final release of the new TLF-1.2.0 version.

You can find it at

http://www.hs-mittweida.de/tb/tlf-1.2.0.tar.gz

Besides a lot of fixed bugs and internal improvements it provides
the following new features (see also the NEWS file for details):

    TLf now records your actual working QRG in the log file and
    writes it to the CABRILLO or ADIF log.

    The new CABRILLO handling (see doc/README.cabrillo for details) got
    finished. It supports CABRILLO v3 now and allow any one to roll
    their own cabrillo format.

    The exchange field can be edited the same way as the call input
    field.

    We have a more robust handling of problems in config file and rig
    communication. TLF tries to give helpful error messages and
    sometimes asks how to proceed.

    The old code for the ORION_KEYER and the native rig handling for
    Orion tcvrs is gone. We do fully rely on hamlib for rig control
    now. As a side effect all rigs with hamlib rig numbers >= 2000 do
    work now.

    A new NO_RST config keyword allows contest handling where no RS/RST
    is used.

    We have a reworked robust autosend feature which allows
    to speed up your RUN mode operation. After you typed in a number of
    characters from the opponents call sign tlf starts sending its
    call. You can go on typing in the complete call. As soon as the CW
    output catches your typing tlf jumps to the exchange field and send
    your exchange automatically. Shorter calls have to finished by
    <enter> key as before. Try it.

    Thanks to Ervin HA2OS we have an actual cty.dat file and a new
    callmaster database.

    Fred DH5FS provided a standard 'help.txt' file. It can be
    overwritten with your own one in working directory.

    Fred further provided code to allow you to specify portnumbers for
    LAN-stations via ADDNODE command.

   Finally TLF got support for two new contests: Stewperry and FOC
   Marathon

Thanks to all who helped making TLF better.

!ATTENTION! As with all tlf-1.2 version be aware that it will convert
your old (PRE TLF-1.2.X) log files to the new format. So back them up of
before using the new version.

Feedback is highly welcome.

73 es gd DX,

        de Tom DL1JBE.