tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:01:27 -0500

On 12/30/2013 01:42 PM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
Hi Ervin,

Am Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:40:02 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

Note, these are just proposals, may be these aren't bugs.

* point calculating
   At last weekend I made the RAC. On RAC all VE/VA station worth
   10 points, any other does 2 points. My config was:

   COUNTRYLIST=VE
   TWO_POINTS
   COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
   (and there is a file with name VE, which contains all canadian
   prefixes)

The VE exchange was provinces, not prefixes.

that will need a serious look into it. The scoring logic
(especially with COUNTRY_LIST set) is complex and somewhat fragile. The
whole score.c needs a serious overhaul. My main concern is to get some
test cases to make sure we do not break other contests scoring.

I am not sure about these idea. Normally you use some bandwidth setting
for a contest as you find it useful. Sometimes you have a situation on
some bands where you temporarily want to widen (or narrowing) the
bandwidth. If you finally change the band you get your default settings
again.
What do others think about that feature?

I don't use this feature at all. I can select bandwidth at the rig with a turn of the knob.

Maybe we should add the possibility to switch off that automatic
bandwidth resetting at all (e.g. with CW_BANDWIDTH=0). Than tlf would
accept whatever bandwidth you had set up at the rig itself.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

Ed W3NR