tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf scoring for Stew Perry?
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:37:13 +0100

Hello Mike,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 03:54:34PM -0600, Mike Waters wrote:
> All I think I need now is a C algorithm that does the following with the
> grid square input:
>
> 1. Checks that the length of the grid square variable is exactly four
> characters long
> 2. Check that the first two characters are uppercase letters a...z

may be I'm confused, but I don't understand, why do you want to
accept all letters (A..Z) for first two place...? As I read,
there could be only A..R:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maidenhead_Locator_System

'The first pair (a field) encodes with base 18 and the letters
"A" to "R".'

I'm wrong?

73,

Ervin