tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF 1.1.0

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF 1.1.0
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:09:23 +0200

Hi Fred,

back from holiday let me answer your test report.

First thanks for the report.

Am Mon, 08 Aug 2011 23:11:59 +0200
schrieb Fred Siegmund <address@hidden>:

> first: I had a very good time in EUHFC with the programme although
> coming from a CT-based logger like yfktest
> is something new to learn. Especially with "SPACE" to transmit
> something is unusal. I don't know which use-case
> that is for. I often trx'd my call at the wrong time because I
> pressed "SPACE" intuitivly to go to the numbers field. :-)

Better use 'ENTER' to switch from one QSO state to the next (including
sending).

>   Bandmap works great. Maybe the combination "CTRL-G" is not the best
> choice because the G is so far away
> on the keyboard for one hand maybe "CTRL->" and "CTRL-<" to go
> downwards in frequency would be a better choice but
> thats my personal feeling.

I kept CTRL-G as it was used in the former - very limited - bandmap
display and did not want to irritate long time TLF users with a new key
combination. But CTRL-< sounds like an alternative for the future.

> Some more notices:
>
> - "segmentation fault"
> If the number of spots is >200 its likely the programme crashes soon
> with this announcement.

Thanks for reporting. I will look into this.

> - life time for spots
> When using reversebeacon the bandmap is soon very crowded. And
> because the skimmers set a new spot every 15min
> or so, its not neccessary to keep them for a longer time in the
> bandmap then that.

OK. It will be user adaptable in the future.

> - exact frequency in cabrillo
> More and more contests sponsors require the exact frequency named in
> the cabrillo file for extended checking.

I know, but that is a lot of work in TLF as a whole. Thanks for
reminding me.

> - graphics/terminal related
> Beside the known colour problems, in my xterm the complete lower half
> is now band map, means "MEM" frequency
> display and country information (green bar at the bottom) is gone.
> Probably terminal related.

First the colour problem: You can define the 16 colors which xterm uses
in your ~/.Xdefault and restart X or 'xrdb .Xdefault', e.g.:

*color0:  #000000
*color8:  #555753
! DarkRed + Red
*color1:  #ff6565
*color9:  #ff8d8d
! DarkGreen + Green
*color2:  #93d44f
*color10: #c8e7a8

Regards 'MEM' display and bottom bar - that is respected for me. Any
other station can confirm this?

> - .paras file
> I changed the messages F1-F6 for my personal needs but if I edit the
> write-out in .paras for the top green bar, it doesn't show up in the
> programme.

The .paras file is not really used - I do not know if it was ever.
Please use the logcfg.dat for setting your messages. But the displayed
top bar is a fixed text (as it seems it was from the beginning).
Changign that bar according to your CW messages is already on the todo
list.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"