tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Pre-release of TLF-1.0.0

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Pre-release of TLF-1.0.0
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:23:38 +0100

Hi Rein and others,

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 12:25:18PM +0100, Rein Couperus wrote:
> I did the following to get tlf-1.0.0pre going with hamlib:
>
> * check if libhamlib-dev is on your system, if not sudo apt-get install
> libhamlib-dev
> * in the TLF-1.0.0pre directory, do a make clean
> * ./configure --enable-hamlib
> * make
> * sudo make install

normally ./configure should complain if called with --enable-hamlib and hamlib
not installed.

tlf-1.0.0pre works here on 64bit Gentoo without problems. My Ts570D (rigmodel
204) works good. Only problem is I get always the smallest bandwidth (50 Hz)
on CW which is a little bit small. I will look into iti if I find time.

Some minor quirks:

- version should be 1.0.0pre, but that got corrected in SVN in meantime.
- From package managers point of view, a lower case naming (tlf-1.0.0) for the
  tar.gz and also the contained directory would be easier to handle.
- The SVN repository contains some files which are part of a normal
  distribution, but should not be in SVN because they gets automatically i
build (e.g.  autom4tecache, Makefile, Makefile.in and others). I will have a
look to it and clean up the repo, but give a readme how to prepare the package
after checkout for distribution (in next few days).

73, de Tom DL1JBE.
--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea