tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Improvement Suggestions

From: w9ya
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Improvement Suggestions
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:01:41 -0600 (MDT)

Hey again;

> Speaking of editing.  I've found nothing as simple as CT--simply scroll
> up to the incorrect QSO, either arrow or Page Up, make the changes and
> hit <Enter> and scroll back down to entry line.  All the while the
> cursor stays in the logging screen.   What could be easier?

Yeah,,, WR9R works essentially the same way... i.e. NO need for an editor.
(My last message was nissing an "n't" on the end of a "would", so I guess
I was misleading.

> Dumping a computer logging newbie into vi on FD is a sure way of
> getting them to swear off Linux for logging forever.  In my experience,
> CT is easy to teach as only a half dozen or so keystrokes need be
> memorized.  We keep a cheatsheet with more less used commands next to
> the laptop.  Since we operate 1A, our needs are quite simple and CT has
> served us well.

Yeah we tried that too. But the ops essentially were trainable in WR9R in
a minute. CT took a 1/2 hour trainign session AND on-duty service desk
personnel. We also tried other stuff, but we kept returing to WR9R for
simpicity and goof-proof results.

Vy 73;

Bob
w9ya