tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] GRig, rigctl, FT-1000 & SuSE 10.3

From: William Liporace
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] GRig, rigctl, FT-1000 & SuSE 10.3
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:10:11 -0500

Good Morning,
You may have missed part of what I have mentioned.... It works with jLog and KB (both linux based). Neither of these programs use the HAMLIB for radio control. I do have to use a script to set the com port for jLog. KB does it right! The author of KB wrote the script for me.
With your commands I have this:
ls -l /dev/ttyUSB1
crw-rw---- 1 root uucp 188, 1 2008-01-26 16:57 /dev/ttyUSB1
groups
users uucp dialout video

The radio does have v6 firmware. I have used it with DX4WIN, DXLab Suite, N1MM TR, CT, NA, Writelog, LogPlus, jLog (Windows & Linux), and many others. I know the that cable works.

I have learned that there are some very specific com port requirement setting for the Yaesu radios. I have confirmed this in the FT1000. I will look at the command that Stephane has suggested.

grig -m 103 -r /dev/ttyUSB1 s=4800 -Crts_state=ON (same result)
grig -m 103 -r /dev/ttyUSB1 s=4800 -Crts_state=ON -Dtr_state=on (same result)

I have to double check, I had the same issue with the ham puppy 1.0 iso

Will WC2L