tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Callmaster problem

From: Fabian Kurz
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Callmaster problem
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:49:29 +0100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 03:04:23PM +0100, VE3/IK5ROS - IK5ROS Marco Tarsi wrote:
> Got a problem when I have updated my callmaster file.
> The screen went dirty and character confusion when i digit
> initial of callsign, and when I clear the entry box,  some
> of  callsign riming on screen.
> Problem come out when in the callmaster data file there is a "slashed call"
> such as portable station or something like that.

The problem is not the slash but the length. The error is in
searchlog.c's load_callmaster function, where, although the callmaster
array is defined as char callmasterarray[MAX_CALLMASTER][9], calls are
cut *after* the 9th character. This results in concatenating the calls
indefinitely as long as they are longer than 8 characters. For
example, if callmaster contains EA8/DJ1YFK/P, EA8/PA0R/P, EA8ZZ in a
row, the callmaster array entry for EA8/DJ1YFK/P will become
EA8/DJ1YFKEA8/PA0R/EA8ZZ.

Diff attached, which cuts the callsigns properly.

Still left to discuss whether one should only include calls without
"/"s in the callmaster, or maybe just enlarge the array to, say, 15
characters. RAM limitations shouldn't be a matter nowadays? A quick
awk script to generate a 'stripped' version of the actual master.scp
for TLF would be trivial to write.

73,
--
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/