tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib slows XTLF Wayyyyyy Doooowwwwwwnnnnnnn

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Hamlib slows XTLF Wayyyyyy Doooowwwwwwnnnnnnn
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:04:48 -0500

Since I am listed as one of the Hamlib developers, I will get that to
you.  As I recall, you'll need get/set frequency, rig select, and port
select.  I played with a Perl script some time back and yes, even for
me (not the world's greatest developer, mind you ;-) ), it is a bit
arcane.  I agree, good docs are needed as is more rig development.
Sigh.

BTW, I think I figured out the basics of xtlf now.  My parallel
interface was locking up due to RF, so I decided to use my new
RigBlaster Plus, but I needed to add a stereo mini plug.  After about a
half hour of searching I found two new ones.  So I soldered one on and
guess what, it was open inside.  So I tried the next one and it works.
At least the RigBlaster isn't bothered by RF and I've got a few in the
log now.

It took me a couple of QSOs in S&P mode to learn that the first <ENTER>
sends *my* call and the second sends the exchange and logs it.  I'm too
used to CT I suppose.  Now that I have the most basic thing figured
out, I need to explore more, for example, how to edit the log if I need
to make a correction.

I have so much fun trying to play in contests!  Thanks for playing a
part in that.

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of