tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: It did never work

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: It did never work
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:53:02 +0200

Ahoy  Martin,

That is the main reason why I stopped using Slackware,  spent too much
time installing software by hand.

I am now using UBUNTU 6.10 and its easy package management interface
gives me the time to write software instead of maintaining my
distribution :) Even upgrading the distro is automatic!!

To the problem:

Looks like Gtk2 is not installed. You are probably also missing
libglade-XML. These are GNOME libraries.

I don't know how to install these in Slackware; in UBUNTU (or in fact
any Debian variant) it is a matter of installing the packages with
synaptic.

Some candidates for install (via Slackware):
Gtk2 package including:
libgtk2.0-0
libgtk2-perl
libgtk2-gladexml-perl
libglade2-0
libglade-perl
and maybe their -dev variants.

Maybe somebody on the list can help while I am away (I will be at the
Ham Radio Exhibition as of tomorrow morning), or send a mail to
address@hidden who is the maintainer of the SLackware ham stuff...
Maybe there is a Slackware trick to install .deb files??

Success,

73, Rein PA0R