tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF & gMFSK % other things...

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF & gMFSK % other things...
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:15:20 -0500

Joop Stakenborg wrote:
Op vr, 17-02-2006 te 17:01 -0500, schreef Ed:

Joop Stakenborg wrote:

Have you tried gmfsk plus xlog for contesting?
Joop, PG4I

I was not aware that it was possible to do this. I thought Xlog was only capable of CW contesting. 73

Yes, but since gmfsk can send data to xlog, the obvious question is
whether they can work together for contesting.

But the question is, the need for a serial number generator. A contest exchange of state, country, province is easy to do with the macro's. But what do you do with a RTTY contest needing serial numbers. ?? and the ability to resend the last number in case of a requested repeat. And then we would need to move on to scoring and the various contest rules. TLF is very flexible with rules and scoring, plus the serial numbers. That is why I think intergrating gmfsk and tlf is the better answer. Xlog is an excellent logging program, so please do not misunderstand that I may think it isn't, I just feel that TLF and gmfsk would be a better solution. Unless you think you could intergrate Xlog and gmfsk to allow the use of the CW contesting built into Xlog, where there is serial numbering available. 73

Ed W3NR