tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Using TLF with hamlib

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Using TLF with hamlib
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:55:09 -0700

I finally got around to trying to interface my TS-570D to my computer.
It works fine with grig, but I haven't been able to get the rig to talk
to TLF.

I ran configure with --enable-hamlib.  It appears to recognize hamlib:

checking for main in -lhamlib... yes
checking hamlib/rig.h usability... yes
checking hamlib/rig.h presence... yes
checking for hamlib/rig.h... yes
enabling hamlib support

However, checking the resultant config.h, I see:

/* Define if you have the <hamlib/riglist.h> header file. */
/* #undef HAVE_HAMLIB_RIGLIST_H */

However, /usr/include/hamlib/riglist.h exists.

I compiled TLF and enabled rig control in logcfg.dat, setting RIGMODEL,
RIGSPEED and RIGPORT to the appropriate values.  When I run TLF, I get
the following:

Trying to start rig ctrl
rig_open: error

Editing config.h to define HAVE_HAMLIB_RIGLIST_H doesn't help

TLF is version 0.9.23 and hamlib-dev is version 1.2.4-1.  The system is
a 1.2 GHz Celeron running Libranet 2.8.1 updated with packages from
Debian Sarge and Sid.

Any ideas?

TIA and 73,

Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net