tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots

From: Rein Couperus
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:29:00 +0100

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 02:01, Ed wrote:
> Rein, my clock is syncd by ntp at boot, so I know the time is correct. I
> also have an atomic clock here on the desk and the box is correct to
> that. My UTC offset is -5 for eastern U.S. I installed KDE and used
> konsole in the linux console mode, still no spots. I did notice that the
> box that shows bearing and time is not visible, no matter what I use for
> a terminal. Also can you tell me how I can get the correct colors using
> either rxvt or rxvt-unicode ? or is this not possible. Thanks to Bob
> N7XY for some initial help getting TLF going.
>
> Ed W3NR

Ed, I have just installed UBUNTU on the shack computer, and I am experimenting
with the colours under GNOME now. Problem is that the Gnome terminal treats
colours differently form KDE (hilites). Under KDE you get the right colours
using a Linux Terminal. Under Gnome I have to change a few of the colours to
get a nicely readable display. I will give you the colours I use after
finishing the tests tomorrow... today I helped my daughter move house hi...

With respect to the spots, please look at the clock in tlf.... that has to be
on GMT to show them! So have a look at the time in the spots and look if the
tlf clock is on the same hour... in all cases this has solved the 'no spots
visible' problem. By the way, my spots come also from a cluster using DX
spider... so it should work...

I am sure we will get this thing cooked :)

73,

Rein PA0R

Oh, and using the gnome terminal you have to tell gnome not to use F1 for
help... you will need the key for calling CQ :)

--
address@hidden or address@hidden
http://www.couperus.com