tlf-devel

Re: Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1

From: wolf
Subject: Re: Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:38:01 +0200

Hi Rein,

> It won't be enough for the new option in tlf which is in test now, the 'TLF
> CONTEST RECORDER'.
> This feature generates 60 MB per hour of audio. But then you have a hifi
> record of your pileups which you can convert to MP3, to play in the car on
> your way to QRL :))

Hehe, I dont work QRO so I dont have pileups ;-))
Also I work only S&P because its more effective for QRP.
But it is a nice feature. Sometimes I run audiocity parallel to the RX
and record with 8khz Mono. Not HiFi, but more than enough for cw ;-)
This is very helpful for me, because I can compare after the contest
with the exchange in the log. But I'm running recorder only if the
exchange is complicated. The bonus is I have learning material for the
next contest ;-)

> By the way, it helps if I renice cwdaemon to -20. The 'missing character'
> feature is happening less often then. But still some bit length errors.

In this case I assume maybe the kernel release the bus, could you test
with more slower settings for the PCI in the bios?

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545