tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Saving Frequency

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Saving Frequency
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:13:56 +0100 (CET)

> I've started using tlf in the last month, and one thing about tlf
> still bothers me - I like to have the logger save the frequency used
> for each contact ( when reviewing contest logs, it helps spotting when
> you were doing S&P and when you were running, plus I use tlf for
> general logging, where the frequency used is occasionally handy for
> awards), but tlf doesn't save it, it just saves the band used. I
> presume this is because the main log is TRLog-compatible and,
> presumably, TRLog does the same.
>
> Any chance of adding a configuration option(SAVE_FREQ, only valid if
> RADIO_CONTROL is present, perhaps) to have the frequency used added to
> the main log, presumably at the end of the line (and, of course, have
> it written to the Cabrillo and ADF files, too)?  Turning it on would,
> of course, lose TRLog-compatibility, but TRLog-compatibility isn't
> that important to me(and I presume the same will be true for some
> other users). It would be nice to have the option.

Trlog has an option for logcfg.dat called "LOG FREQUENCY ENABLE", here is
the description:

When True, the serial number will be replaced with the frequency of the
QSO (without the leading Megahertz value). The band and mode will still be
written at the start of the log entry. This feature is only useful if you
have an interfaced radio.

Only useful when not contesting....

> Ben
> - --
> Ben Coleman address@hidden      | The attempt to legislatively
> http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at
> Amateur Radio NJ8J                   | best, in equal misery for all.

Regards,
Joop