tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Release 0.9.3

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Release 0.9.3
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:51:01 +1300

Hi all,

> For tlf-0.9.3 I  have done the same for the TNC port, that will
> also work with TNCPORT=/dev/ttyUSBx.
> Would appreciate if you could test that also some time next week...

Yes, 0.9.3 has my seal of approval :-)
It works perfectly, with TNC and rig both on USB ports.

I am suitably impressed: TLF has some slick features, I noticed. In
particular the ALT-H 'man pages', the 'mc' logcfg.dat editor etc.
Also the ESC to interrupt the keyer is very good.

A couple of minor things: in the example logcfg.dat files, the "SPEED"
parameter should probably be "CWSPEED".

I noticed the ALT-V cw speed/weight window leaves behind an empty spot
when it goes away ( the 'previously-sent CW test doesn't get
refreshed).

Also: TLF picks up the CWSPEED parameter from logcfg.dat, but when I
bring up the window with ALT-V, it shows 20 WPM (even though the
keyer may be sending at 42). When I then do a down-arrow, it drops to
36 WPM and correctly shows that (and remembers it). To put it simply:
the *initial* CWSPEED does not make it into the ALT-V box.

Anyway, all this is nit-picking. I am going to take it for a test
drive in my next single-op outing.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ