tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: [Hamlib-developer] serial ports and hamlib

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: [Hamlib-developer] serial ports and hamlib
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:25:32 +0100

.
When the TNC port is working o.k., can it be 8-bit capability in the USB
driver? (I am no hardware expert, and haven't done anything with USB yet..)
I could lower the polling frequency ot tlf, but I have no way to test it with
USB...

Rein PA0RCT

<snip>

Wilbert Knol <address@hidden> wrote:

>That was me. The interesting thing was that the hamlib rigctl program wor=
ked=20
>perfectly through the USB port, but XLOG/TLF/GRIG didn't.

>XLOG would grind to a halt, and, from memory, TLF would become errattic w=
ith=20
>the QRG updates, complaining about time-outs. As a matter of interest: TL=
F=20
>worked OK if I put a TNC on the USB port (for DX-Cluster spots), and have=
 the=20
>rig control on the serial port.

>I had a look for time-out values using USBview, but couldn't see anything=
=20
>obvious. If memory serves me, there were references to 50 ms

>Anyway, it is quite possible that these problems are due to the hardware.=
 My=20
>USB drivers stop talking to the USB hub built into my notebook, after a=20
random number of hours, and I have been unable to fix this.

>I have gone back (from 2.4.20) to a 2.2.23 kernel, but the USB hassles=20
remain, which is a bummer, because my trusty notebook only has one serial=
=20
port.=20

>For contesting, it's a toss-up between DX-Cluster and rig control support=
 :-(

>I am toying with the idea of trying a PCMCIA RS232 card, if I can get my=20
hands on one.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

Email: address@hidden or address@hidden