tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Do we really need more win32 build scripts?

From: Christian JULLIEN
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Do we really need more win32 build scripts?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 12:20:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

wanjochan recently added scripts to build win32.

There are currently many different ways to build tcc on windows with standard tools and scripts.
They may not totally fit you need and probably lack documentation but they do exist and I don't think we need more (confusing) scripts.

For example, on this companion project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wintcc/ you have Makefiles to build complete reproductible builds I maintain for Cygwin and Wine (Herman contribution)

Unless maintainers agree (and they generally don't), I think those recent scripts should be removed.

Christian