tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] missing check after calling type_size in classify_x86

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] missing check after calling type_size in classify_x86_64_arg
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 23:18:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jun 2019, Pascal Cuoq wrote:

If this patch can be tweaked into something acceptable, I will also add tests for the new rejected constructs and validate the message change for the existing test.

The patch definitely goes into the right direction, though it seem more verbose than necessary. I'd just test for functions or incomplete types (via type_size), and then you have the opportunity to retain the more precise error message for the former, ala

  if (func)
    tcc_error ...
  else if (type_size < 0)
    tcc_error ...