tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Windows x86_64 BUG, SIGSEV is not correctly handled b

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Windows x86_64 BUG, SIGSEV is not correctly handled by installed signal handler.
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:16:47 +0200

Ok, sent to you privately...

C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tinycc-devel [mailto:address@hidden
On Behalf Of Michael Matz
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 16:44
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Windows x86_64 BUG, SIGSEV is not correctly
handled by installed signal handler.

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, Christian Jullien wrote:

> For the context, I'm trying to make tcc a "Gold" Windows port of my
OpenLisp
> ISLISP compiler, i.e. a Gold port runs the full test suite and introduces
no
> performance regression (and I like tcc compiler so much that I'm
considering
> tcc as main devel compiler).

Thanks for the context.

> The good point is that signal issue is probably the last error before
> tcc is promoted "Gold" on PE+, it is already Gold on PE

So let's find out what causes the difference: if you can send me the
working signal executable compiled by either GCC or VisualStudio maybe I
can spot an obvious difference that might matter and produce some example
patches for tcc that you could try.

(I'm not currently setup to run Windows anywhere, so can't really help
debugging the problem any other way).

Ciao,
Michael.