tiger-devel

[Tiger-devel] Updated check_path module.

From: Ryan Bradetich
Subject: [Tiger-devel] Updated check_path module.
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:26:53 -0700

Hello all,

I have updated the check_path module to handle additional methods for
introducing directories into the PATH enviornment variable.  For example
HP-UX does things like:

        ETC_PATH="$(< /etc/PATH)"
        PATH="$PATH:$ETC_PATH"

and users that do things like:

        PATH=$PATH:/opt/*/bin

I have also tried to optimize this module by only search common (i.e.
paths in /etc/profile, /etc/csh.login, etc) paths once.

I have included the whole file instead of a diff, because it is easier
to read and the diff is bigger the the new file. I can post a diff if
requested.

Feedback is always welcome :)

Thanks,

- Ryan