tiger-devel

Re: [Tiger-devel] Misc. errors on Sun 5.8

From: Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
Subject: Re: [Tiger-devel] Misc. errors on Sun 5.8
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:13:44 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:41:17PM -0500, Cox, Michael wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've given 3.2.1 a spin and noticed the following. I'd be happy to create
> bug reports on the website if you want. That area doesn't seem to be used
> much, though, so I thought I'd just start with this list.

The list is fine, but if you see some bug that is not taken attention to
please open up the bug reports there (so I don't forget about it)

> 1) The scripts get unpacked with owning UID 1000, causing errors. Any reason
> not to use 0? Isn't this typically going to be run as UID 0?

You're supposed to configure, compile and install tiger, please read the
USING file. I will try to provide tar.gzs with the files belonging to UID
0, but some tar implementations will not allow you to create files with
UID=0 unpacking them from a tar (they will get the user's UID).

> 2) There appear to be a couple of problems (on Solaris 8 at least) with line
> 255 of check_passwd. The line is:

Yes, I will fix that soon in CVS.

> 3) + ./scripts/check_aliases
> grep: can't open /etc/sendmail.cf
>
> On Solaris, I think this usually lives in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.

You are _almost_ right, this is true for Solaris 8 and 9 but not for
previous versions. I will fix this in their config files.

> 4) Misc. other errors. I'm not sure if they're problems or not.

They are, because we used some non-POSIX stuff that works fine in some
UNIX systems but not on Solaris, it seems. I will take a look and fix those
too.

Thanks for the testing you've done and for the bug reports.

Javi