therion-users

Re: [Therion] Syntax for vertical passages

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Syntax for vertical passages
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:20:40 +0200

Vilius A wrote:
> I've faced a problem when I started to use therion for the surveys we do. The
> matter is that when we survey a vertical passage (a well) we are used to take
> such sets of measurements: shot from-to, length(vertical) and 3-5
> combinations of azimuth and distance.
> Ex. 1-2 5m. (210' - 1,2m)(0' - 4m)(75' - 3m)(160' - 0m)
> 210' stands for 210 degrees etc.

Do you have some idea, where would you like to use these data?

As far as I can see, if you will specify cross section that way, it can
be used in 3D model (with a very special 3D generation algorithm
designed to us these data). And some of these points could be used when
plan or elevatn is drawn. Do you use them for something else?

And why not to give to these points some names and specify them as
ordinary stations? May be with "duplicate" flag?

Normally, when you specify LRUD data for vertical shot - it is in fact
West - East - North - South and that way it is used in 3D model. Would
like to have possibility to specify passage dimension in arbitrary
direction (not only LRUD)?

Regards, S.