therion-users

Re: [Therion] Code submittion

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Code submittion
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:04:17 +0100

On 2006-10-10 17:21 -0400, Philip Schuchardt wrote:
> Where can I submit changes to the source.  We really need svn and trac...

I have put my (ther debian) version of therion in
svn://wookware.org/therion

This includes some fixes so that loch builds under g++ 4.1 without
a load of warnings.

However this is version has also had the makefiles hacked about with
to get rid of a lot of the cross-platform stuff, and make it build in
debian-world, and tom has been deleted, so it's not 'upstream source
of therion'.

I put it up so people could collaborate on packaging v0.4

I could check in plain upstream therion as well if people felt this
was as sensible place to keep the definitive version, but that's
really up to stacho (who may not want to use SVN at all) or may prefer
to set it up on the therion server (it makes sense).

The patch is at http://wookware.org/therion_0.4.0-1.diff.gz
where you can fish out the loch/*.cxx patches and ignore the rest

(I would like to discuss the makefile setup sometime. It is
currently nice and simple to read but much of the make-work is
actually done by perl-scripts and the cross-platform support is fairly
primitive. I would like to bin the perl and make the makefiles use
make constructs to decide what to do, and get smarter about library
config (pckconfig, for example). This way lies autoconf, which I'm
not sure is an improvement, but there is certainly room for
improvement I think. If we could agree this that would be better than
me making the debian version very different.)

Is there any point keeping libtom in the source? Is it not entirely
superceded by loch?

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/