therion-users

Re: [Therion] Re: Scale and Base-scale and font sizes

From: Martin Budaj
Subject: Re: [Therion] Re: Scale and Base-scale and font sizes
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:33:46 +0200

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:26:26 +0100, Wookey wrote

> Hmm, so as it goes wrong with the default (scale 1:200) that suggets
> I have one scrap which is >560m long. I don't think I do have
> anything that big (I try to keep scraps to <200m).
>
> If anyone cares to investigate this then the benarat dataset
> illustrates the problem.

It's the scrap faketerikan_s15, which contains two survey stations (used for
calibration?) really far from the passage.

---

How to find where the problem is:
* therion log window displays metapost's progress, it displays [33] just
before the error; that means that picture number 33 has been sucessfuly
processed and the error is in the next one
* run therion in the -d (debug) mode
* go to thTMPDIR
* open the file data.mp and find picture 34 (it starts "beginfig(34);" ;-)
* find the "current_scrap" assignment preceding the picture
* it's "address@hidden"

It's really not straightforward but it's hard to make a better link between
metapost and therion when an error occurs. In this particular case it's enough
for therion to check the size of scraps and give a reasonable error message --
hopefully Stacho will do it.

Martin