therion-users

Re: [Therion] Re: questions on therion

From: Martin Budaj
Subject: Re: [Therion] Re: questions on therion
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:16:15 +0200

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:00:26 +0200, Wolfgang Zillig wrote

> Hm, I tested it again today and it works now even without grid.
> Strange, I don't know what I did yesterday. It also seems that
> Therion crops the image to the layout size. Is there a way to get
> the whole image with the centrelines (or outlines,..) but with no
> additional north arrow or other layout stuff?

It crops the image to the area of map + header + border around them. You may
increase the border by setting 'overlap' in the layout.

You may hide header (north arrow etc.) using 'map-header 100 100 off' option
in layout.

> This works but it changes the symbol sizes of the stations also.
> I've added two pdfs which show the different scales. I only have the
> centreline data (and stationmarks) visible with some metapost code.
> The best would be to swich station marks off. Here the  layout part
> of my config:
>
> layout test
>  #scale 1 20000
>   scale 1 1000
>      surface bottom
>
>   code metapost
>   def l_survey_cave (expr p) = draw p withpen PenD withcolor (0.1,
> 0.3,0.1);  enddef; endlayout

You may switch station marks off using 'symbol-hide point station' in layout
without the need of metapost redefinitions.

If you want to display cave in the scale 1:1000 with the topographical map as
a background, try cropping the bitmap to an area slightly larger than the
cave; or use SVG.

Martin