therion-users

Re: [therion-users] Debianizing therion

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [therion-users] Debianizing therion
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:11:13 +0100

> It is entirely up to you guys which way we do this. A native package is
> simpler and is slightly less work overall, but it does move some
> responsibility for making the build-process work right from me to you, and
> you may not want to do that, or not yet.

If I've understood it correctly - making it native debian package would
require:

1. add debian directory in the source folder

2. make the build process more GNU-compatible

>From my point of view, it would not be the problem. But can be the whole
project also native RedHat (we're working on) or Mac OS X package, when it's
native debian package? If I've understood it correctly, it can. If I'm
wrong, I would rather choose the "way of patches".

> In practice it mostly means adding a /debian dir that I supply, and maybe
> some build-process changes if necessary.

OK, but can a debian dir be situated in /src directory?

I can do required build process changes, if they'll not take too much time -
I would like to start implementing passage wall modeling as soon as
possible.

S.