texmacs-dev

Re: [Texmacs-dev] Python plug-ins and some general principles

From: Jeroen Wouters
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Python plug-ins and some general principles
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:45:05 +0000

I can't reproduce the error message, but I do see a problem. On a
Windows machine with no Python installed, `(supports-python?)` still
returns #t. That's because the `(python-launcher)` command doesn't take
into account the case where `(python-command)` is #f. See here for a
potential fix:
https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/pull/66/commits

Even though the plugin setup fails, `(supports-python?)` still returns
true because line 518 in TeXmacs/progs/kernel/texmacs/tm-plugins.scm
being the last line to succeed before line 519 fails.

Best wishes,
Jeroen