texmacs-dev

Re: [Texmacs-dev] The Jolly Writer

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] The Jolly Writer
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 10:59:53 +0200

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 10:13:14AM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 01:00:49AM +0200, TeXmacs wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 10:55:44PM +0200, TeXmacs wrote:
> > > Good point.  I will add this to the web-site(s) this week-end.
> >
> > Just to let you know that I added a link on the main website for
> > purchasing the book.  The TeXmacs website will be updated when
> > I release the next version, hopefully next week.
> >
> > Best wishes, --Joris
>
> Wow... Is it the 2.1 with guile 2.x rollout?

No, we will not switch to Guile 2.x anytime soon.
Our next priority is Qt5/6, which is already used on some platforms.
For the moment, Guile 2 is actually slower for our application,
and it needs a lot of work to make TeXmacs use the "compiler".
We integrated Guile into the sources of TeXmacs for packagers.

> Are you going to load it back into Debian Sid?

That is not our decision, but we provide packages for the major
linux distributions on our website.

Best wishes, --Joris