tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] gv maintainer needed

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [tasklist-idea] gv maintainer needed
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:22:12 -0500

(GV does not have a project at savannah, so I'd like to ask that you
post this request in the tasklist project.  Ok?)

Some months ago, gv was dubbed a GNU package.  It is a previewer for
PostScript/PDF files, essentially a front end to Ghostscript, originally
written by Johannes Plass.

Brett McCoy, who volunteered to maintain gv at that time, would like to
step down as chief maintainer -- he has not had time to do anything with
the code.  Both he and Johannes are happy to answer questions, etc.

For starters, just making a new release with updated documentation and
framework files, and generally reinvigorating the project, would be very
helpful, since it's been so many years since it was actively
maintained.  The gv 3.5.8 release from 1997 on Johannes' web page
  http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~plass/gv/
is still the current one.

If you would like to volunteer to maintain gv, please email me.

Thanks,
karl