taler

Re: [Taler] Coding style clang-format

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Coding style clang-format
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 14:48:22 +0200

On 4/18/19 2:37 PM, Florian Dold wrote:
> I think it's a great idea!  Since clang-format can reformat all of
> GNUnet in <1s on my laptop, it should be fast enough to run as part of
> every commit.
>
> However, there must be an option to enable/disable this on a
> per-repository or even per-path basis, since we do not want to re-format
> third party code that is checked into our repos.

Well, I generally would prefer to avoid checking in third party code
into our repos, but you are of course right that this does sometimes
happen for good reasons.

But in that case, I think simply adding a /* clang-format off */ on top
of the 3rd party code should do.  And of course the rule should only
apply to C and H files in src/.