taler

Re: [Taler] Post-quantum Taler

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Post-quantum Taler
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:30:41 +0100

I have one more.

Paranoid answer:

Why would anyone trust a spy agency's PR statements, when the its job is
to lie and deceive? The statement is more likely used to either cover up
a different advance (distract), or to spread doubt about working current
cryptography and thus make it harder for defenders to choose systems, or
even cause people to move away from more secure options (dazzle). After
all, the chance that the NSA has a quantum computer (say > 8 bit) today
is very close to 0%, and the chance that they try to deceive the public
is 100%.