sysvinit-devel

[sysvinit-devel] halt problem

From: Ryan Meulenkamp
Subject: [sysvinit-devel] halt problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:25:26 +0100

Hi y'all,

I ran into a problem using shutdown -h (or halt) on an openembedded-core (yocto) distro running on the Atmel at91sam9g45.

We used to run an openembedded-classic (angström) based OS with kernel version 2.6.35.14+. Here, halting the system would cause it to shutdown without reseting, or turning the power off, to await a manual reset.

Now we are building a new distro based on openembedded-core and yocto. Halting the system now causes a watchdog intervention. I tried all different arguments for both the shutdown and the halt command. It looks if though the classic based distro left the watchdog daemon running during a halt.

What could be the cause of this problem? In what direction should I look (e.g. kernel config, sysvinit config, openembedded config, processor specific code etc.)?

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list to ask this question, but I guess one of you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Ryan Meulenkamp