sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] [patch] Get startpar building with clang

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] [patch] Get startpar building with clang
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:01:35 +0200

[Dr. Werner Fink]
> Not that I'm aware ... AFAIK the TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY() macro can not
> be handled this way by the compiler.  Maybe a redefinition is required
> to do an error() if errno is not EINTR.

What do you mean by 'can not be handled this way'?  The definition in
my /usr/include/unistd.h look like this:

# define TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY(expression) \
  (__extension__                                                              \
    ({ long int __result;                                                     \
       do __result = (long int) (expression);                                 \
       while (__result == -1L && errno == EINTR);                             \
       __result; }))

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen