sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Make a new sysvinit upstream release?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Make a new sysvinit upstream release?
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:04:37 +0100

[Michał Kulling]
> Hi everyone,
>
> i'm watching sysvinit mailing list from several weeks, and I thing
> it's good time to move sysvinit source to github.com.

I would love to move from svn to git, but want to keep it on savannah.
Do you have time to handle the svn->git migration?

But I believe we should release what we got from svn this time, and
try to get the next release done using git.  I do not want to delay
this release because such migration.

> SVN is too old source versioning software, many people and projects
> move from svn to git. Basically, github include wiki pages and issue
> tracking.

Savannah also provide wiki and issue tracker. :)

> Now I'm working for some additional functionalities for sysvinit,
> which exteneding service management (start-stop-deamon sux?).

What exactly are you planning, and why?

Perhaps you also could help fix all the issues discovered by Coverity?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen