synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Unhelpful behaviour of Synaptic (v 0.80.4)

From: BT Yahoo!
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Unhelpful behaviour of Synaptic (v 0.80.4)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:41:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I have been a user of Synaptic for nearly 10 years and have found it to be a genereally helpful utility. I have just installed a beta release of Kubuntu 14.04 and have installed
the latest available version of Synaptic (0.80.4) over Muon (which I consider to be less than helpful). Synaptic has suddenly developed a new very annoying behaviour:
when I mark a package for installion, the package list is scrolled back to the beginning. This is rather user hostile when selecting individual packages from sets such as
texlive, gcc and vim.  Is there an option or patch which could restore the old, rather more helpful, behaviour?

I use Synaptic quite heavily and I am willing to be a guinee pig and tester for you.

Yours

John Hunter