synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] VENDOR BLOCK FINGERPRINT INVALID errors - can't receive

From: hud ramelan
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] VENDOR BLOCK FINGERPRINT INVALID errors - can't receive updates (error each time); Synaptic cannot operate...
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:47:08 -0400

Hello,

I've got a problem with updater failure and with the repository-package manager communication.

First, the updater always tells me that it cannot install update and asks me to try Synaptic or try again later.
When I go to try Synaptic, I wind up with the same error messages each time:

"

vendor fingerprint invalid
vendor block name is invalid
the list of sources could not be read"

I've read forum posts where others have mentioned this problem, but I cannot find any solution.

I am running pcLos 2010 KDE4.4 on a Toshiba Satellite u400 (Can only) notebook.  I have the original Live CD from which I installed the pcLos 2010, if that can be of any help.

Can someone shed light on this sort of problem?  It's been going on for weeks.

thanks.
--
- -
          Hud Justus Ramelan

¨It is dangerous for a man to be right.  Particularly when the established authorities have determined otherwise.¨   (Thoreau)

¨It isn´t true until the government denies it¨  (unknown)