synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Where is the history data stored on the harddrive

From: Nigel Henry
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Where is the history data stored on the harddrive
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:09:46 +0100

On Monday 01 December 2008 21:06, Richard Rowell wrote:
> Just an FYI, None of the devs seem to monitor this list so you might want
> to look elsewhere for help.

Hi Richard. I nearly fell off my chair reading your reply. It's priceless. You
post to the Synaptic-devel list, but the devs don't monitor the list.

I've used apt, and synaptic since I first installed Woody, and also on all my
Fedora installs since Fedora Core 1, and hardly ever a problem, except on
Fedora 9 where synaptic will remove packages, but will not install them,
complaining about MD5 sum missmatches. This is a problem not yet resolved.

Synaptic on F9 will download the packages, but fails to install them,
complaining about MD5 mismatches, but apt-get install will install the
package/s without any problems. Of course this is using apt-rpm, and not
Debians apt.

Thanks for your reply, and all the best.

Nigel.