synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Bug on startup with command line

From: Thijs Vermeir
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Bug on startup with command line
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:45:52 +0100

Hello all,

I want to lunch synaptic from the command line but I found some bugs:
I'm running it on Ubuntu 7.10. and is version 0.60ubuntu5

I have a file called temp in the folder with the text:
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg install

My initial line that I want to luch is this line:
1) /usr/sbin/synaptic --update-at-startup --hide-main-window --non-interactive
Updates the packages repos (like I expect with this line)

2) /usr/sbin/synaptic --hide-main-window --non-interactive
--set-selections-file temp
Installes the package gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg (like I expect with this line)

3) /usr/sbin/synaptic --update-at-startup --hide-main-window --non-interactive
--set-selections-file temp
But this just don't do anything, no update and no install
What is going wrong here?

Regards,
Thijs