synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] [synaptic] Synaptic wants to remove my kernel and alsa-

From: Chuckk Hubbard
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [synaptic] Synaptic wants to remove my kernel and alsa-module on upgrade
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:36:27 -0400

Hello.  I am running AGNULA/Demudi 1.3.0 distribution of Debian/GNU Linux.
I have found that, when I select a package in Synaptic, no matter what
it is, under "To Be Removed" it lists my kernel, my alsa-module,
initrd, and sometimes xserver-xorg.

If I run "apt-get upgrade freesynth," I get a list of packages to be
held back, and a list to be upgraded, but none to be removed.  The
upgrade list included initrd and "kernel-package," but not the actual
kernel.

I'm not entirely sure whether this is a problem with Synaptic, a
problem with the distro, or something else.
I have Synaptic 0.57.5.

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."