synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Errors with latest version

From: Thomas Ohms
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Errors with latest version
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:04:42 +0200

Hi there!

New to this list I like to inform you about some regular happening errors.

Version: 0.56.1

I always start Synaptic out of console and there are regular two errors with
GTK showing:

synaptic: Symbol `_ZTV16pkgAcquireStatus' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking

(synaptic:6419): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET
(widget)' failed

Also using "Update" (hope it's called so in English version) does nothing. You
can see Synaptic checking Servers, but after that nothing happens anymore -
no matter how long I wait for.

Third problem: If I like to install a new package it tries to get the package
with e.g.
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.base/apache2-mod_fastcgi-2.4.2-4.i586.rpm
Of course it shows up with an error because this "RMPS" is wrong in path.

Any ideas how to solve this? What version numbers from which programs do you
need to figure out the problem?

Greets
Thomas