synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Hello and some questions

From: Josué Alcalde González
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Hello and some questions
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:23:58 +0200

Hello. I am a newbie in this list. I have suscribed to ask for help.

I want to contrib to free software and I find no way to easy install local debian packages in a gui. I decided to do a program with a look&feel similar to Synaptic, to see the package properties, and then to try to do an installer for local packages.

I have been studying Synaptic source code, and I have taken much of the work. It is a c++ program and a libglade program, so I am using the interfaces like RGWindow, RGGladeWindow, RGDialog... I also use other goodies like the error mechanism or the section_trans.
I supposed there is no problem since it is GPL.

If you want to see an screenshot: http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=1882

I would want ask two questions:

1) I would want to know if there is any documentation about synaptic param options. I would like to know how non-interactive options works, and what are the posibilities. I would also want if there is any option to update only one repository.

2) I have been trying to understand libapt-pkg to do one thing but I am not able (I don't know if it is possible). I would like to know how to extract a file in a deb file. The idea is to extract the changelog which is present in most of debian packages which is in package_name.deb>>data.tar.gz>>/usr/share/doc/package_name/changelog.Debian.gz>>changelog.Debian

Could it be made with the libapt-pkg library?

Thank you for your answers.

______________________________________________ Renovamos el Correo Yahoo! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es