synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Synaptic needs logging function

From: Jon Roland
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic needs logging function
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 03:17:21 -0600

I find that I am still using apt-get from the command line rather than synaptic to actually upgrade or install packages, although I use synaptic for browsing packages to decide what new ones to install, because with apt-get I can tee the output to a file to document what I have done and what worked or didn't work. Synaptic should add a logging function that can be turned on or off or configured in various ways, that can do what I am doing by teeing the output to a log file.

-- Jon

Starflight Corporation    7793 Burnet Road #37, Austin, TX 78757
512/374-9585 www.the-spa.com/jon.roland/  address@hidden